Program Objectives and Outcomes
Our undergraduate programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org/. See enrollment and degrees granted.
The undergraduate educational goal is to prepare graduates to work as electrical engineers for the broad range of opportunities available in industrial, commercial, academic and government organizations and to prepare graduates for continued learning experiences either in a formal graduate or professional program or in continuing education. Our alumni will be enabled to advance in their fields to supervisory and leadership positions in their chosen careers.
Specifically, three to seven years after graduation we expect our alumni to exhibit one or more of the following:
- Graduating from a graduate or professional school degree program
- Achieving success in a government, industrial, commercial, entrepreneurial or academic position as evidenced by continued employment and technical accomplishments
- Progressing in chosen career as shown by promotion to a position of increased technical, supervisory or management responsibility
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- Ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- Ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies